Friday, January 16, 2009

Christmas Lights

It is amazing, I am blogging again! I have received many emails from people asking if I was dead. It was close, I just wasn't sure if I was going to make it through December, but all is good now! First of all blogging is not my favorite thing to do. In fact I strongly dislike it. (Such a positive comment!) So I have to force myself to do it. But I love reading everyone's blogs so I feel it is only fair that I attempt to do one myself. I am going to try to do better, but no guarantees. We had a wonderful Christmas season. There was so much fun going on that I just did not stop to blog. Now that it is all over I do what to take a couple blogs and share some of the things that we did. (There is no time to share everything!)

Ethyl M. Chocolate Factory:
I know most of those reading my blog are from Utah and get to experience the magnificent Temple Square. But here in Vegas we do things a little bit different. We decorate CACTUS!! It is awesome! This cactus garden at Ethyl M is amazing. It was so much fun. We went with the Whitlocks and the Shakespeares. They had so many lights. They were beautiful even on cactus. (However, I did miss the whole nativity scenes that you get on Temple Square. I love those!) However, we even were able to meet the red M & M and Santa. NO one cried on Santa's lap this year and it seriously just was not as much fun. I love the crying blackmail pictures. We ended the night with a tour of the chocolate factory and a piece of chocolate. It was a lot of fun. I found it a little hilarious that we were walking around looking at cactus. Plus we had to constantly remind our children stay on the path and not touch the cactus. I love Vegas!





4 comments:

carolee said...

Oooh, I think the lights look pretty neat in the cactus. Maybe I'll trade you some cactus plants for some pine trees with lights!

Camie said...

HOW FUN!! Allison, you're so funny! You just make me laugh...wishing your kids would cry on Santa's lap.

Jodi said...

I have missed you, glad to see you back. It is crazy sometimes to blog. I think Cactus would be easier to decorate then our huge trees.

swan lover Deb said...

So funny to see everyone bundled up in VEGAS! your families always look to have so much fun together.