Friday, January 16, 2009

SNOW IN VEGAS!

So this happened a while ago, but it made History so I have to brag that we were part of it. Vegas got the worst snow storm in 30 years. North Las Vegas did not get hit as hard as other parts, but it was so funny to watch how excited everyone was because it was snowing. Having just moved from Utah I thought it was a little silly. But we had fun letting it fall on us and attempting to have snow ball fights. (I think we made about 4 snowballs before we had no more snow to play with.)
I was sad that we were not able to make snow ice cream this year. This is one of our families favorites!

Micah trying to catch snow on his tongue or lick his face. Either one works.



Madi and her friend

Matthew- Maxx is trying to throw some snow at him.


The Three Musketeers- Yummy Snow!

I love the fact that we can play in the snow with only our jackets on. That is awesome!
Wow! Look at all that snow. I know, most of you have never seen so much in your life!! Because of all this snow they had to cancel school the next day. Which was hilarious to me! Because the next day it was sunny no snow anywhere! But still no school. The kids loved it.

5 comments:

carolee said...

I can only remember once when they cancelled school for snow when we were little. I'm so glad your kids got to have fun with it!

Camie said...

YAY!! You're back!! Snow and Vegas just don't belong in the same sentence... :)

Margetts Fam said...

That is so funny! I love that Maxx is trying to throw snow at Matthew, he isn't even holding more than a flake! It is about time you blogged again! I have had no idea what has been going on in Vegas, I didn't even know it snowed, I leave all of my world news up to your blog!

swan lover Deb said...

I am so unlucky that i can't believe that i wasn't visiting Vegas during this storm.. i was at the Grand Canyon during a blizzard and couldn't see the biggest hole in the country! Go figure.

Amannda Ashby said...

That reminds me of a time when I was a kid and got to miss school in South Carolina because the snow actually stayed on the ground. It was the same kind of exprience for my family having lived in Utha and Ohio. We have so much hard snow from getting a little melted and then just freezing over. I must say that I am a little jealous, but I can not complain too much we did get to go sledding. Snow can be fun, but it gets old FAST!