Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone pigs out and gains 10 pounds. That is what the Holidays are about!! We are staying in Vegas this year and celebrating with my sister (and her family) and my cousin who also lives in Vegas. It will be a nice small Thanksgiving. Only 19 of us. Since the holidays are not just about pigging out, (I know I confused some of you because you really thought that they were all about food) I must say that I am so thankful for everything in my life. If I were to make a list it would go on forever! There are a few things that I must say that I am grateful for:

My amazing husband- you are the BEST!
My husbands booty- it is tight!
My husband letting me boss him around and him doing what I ask!
How my husband makes me laugh
(Ok I will change the subject you are all getting a litte nauseas
My terrific kids
My sister who is letting me live with her - what service
All my family (they help and support us more than I could ever imagine)
Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, my testimony, all the gospel bring to me in my life
My successes and my trials
And everything else in my life - especailly chocolate cake with chocolate frosting!

Each morning our family gets up and each person tells one thing that we are grateful for. ( I write them down because some of the kids responses are hilarious!! Their comments are usually something like this: McDonalds, yo-yo's, underwear, jam, Lamanites-or whoever we are reading about in the Book of Mormon, and so on. ) This is great way to start the day. This has really helped me look at all that I have, not only from my point of view but through others point of view as well. It makes me think of things that I might not think of and I realize how much I have. I am so blessed. We have been doing this for a while so we are having to get really creative. The other day my husband said that he was grateful for a new day and the ability to change. How lucky are we that we can decide each day to make it better than the one before. I love this.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!

5 comments:

Camie said...

Oh Allison! Fun times! The kids grow up too fast! And girls are more drama... I need to do a better job of focusing on what I'm thankful for and less on the food! You're so great!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Margetts Fam said...

I am confused why I wasn't on the top of your thankful list? Did you accidentally erase my name? I love your idea of starting the day that way. I used to write 5 things down per day but that only lasted a month, I think I like your idea better

The Baker Family said...

I thought I would be on your list of thankful things-at the top. haha Hey! call me, I am at my sister's and I have no way of getting a hold of you. I don't even have your phone number or email address with me, so I hope you read this! my cell phone is8016529785

Kristen said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you. Rusty and I are coming to Vegas for the bowl game maybe we can stop by and say hi if we are in the area. I need your address. kristen1142@yahoo.com

Amannda Ashby said...

Hi,
Just wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. We missed all of you guys. The nativity sure seemed like we were missing some people. Well, I guess that is because we were. We thougt of Matthew when Sariah decided to strip down to her diper. We all hope that you guys had a good day, and we look forward to getting to see you soon. We love you guys!