Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dads funeral



We were finally able to have dads funeral on November 18, 2008. (He died Nov. 4, 2008) It was a little tricky getting his body here from the Philippeans. (Where he has lived for the past 6 years.) The funeral was so beautiful. They did not have specific speaker, they just allowed people to come up and share a memory. It was such an amazing funeral. Such a tribute to the amazing dad that I had. I heard a few stories that I had never heard before and it was so wonderful. I was able to share my memories and I really was grateful for that.

Plus it was so nice to see so many family members and friends that I have not seen in years. After the funeral we had a wonderful lunch at my Grandma Aston's clubhouse. I am so grateful for family. I love my dad so much. He was such an inspiration to me in my life and taught me great lessons that I will never forget.

No comments: