Sunday, August 3, 2008

Temple Cleaning




On July 31st we (Me, Amy and Alex) had the opportunity to clean the Las Vegas Temple. (David was in St. George) They had about 100 people there, and the cleaning crew was so excited about the turn out. We cleaned the kitchen, and it was not easy work. We cleaned for 4 1/2 hours. (6 PM- 10:30 PM) They gave us a cookie break half way through. They were good cookies. It was so fun to go and see the temple in a different way. I am so thankful for this opportunity. It was hard work and my body ached the next morning. But I made new friends and we were all there to serve the Lord. I hope I get the opportunity to clean it again. They told us that before we came they were a day behind, during cookie break we were a day ahead. So hopefully by the time we left they were a couple days ahead. I am sure that they were praying to get caught up, and I feel that a miracle happened because the cleaning crew said over and over that they were amazed at the turnout. I feel so blessed to have been apart of this.

1 comment:

Nagels said...

I had the opportunity to do that too a few years back. I remember the feeling I had there. It was amazing.