Monday, October 6, 2008

Time Out For Women

Sept 19th and 20th. We were able to go Time Out for Women. It is a seminar put on by Desert Book. Amy signed us up to be volunteers so we did not have to pay anything to do it. Plus we got special seating because we were staff. It was so much fun. It was all day long Friday and Saturday. But it was well worth the time. We were able to hear some fantastic speakers and came away with a more enlightened attitude. Me and Amy were the timers so we had to hold up signs for when the speakers had 15, 10, 5, and 2 minutes left. That was fun. Check out the website and see if it is coming to a town near you. It is worth the time. You get away from the worries of life, are spiritually uplifted, and make some wonderful friends.



We met Sherry Dew. This woman is hilarious!

Sister Nelson (Russel M. Nelsons wife)
and Virginia (Hinckley) Pearce. (President Gordon B. Hinckley's daughter.)
Plus a ton of other awesome speakers.

My mom came to Vegas for the event. It was nice to spend time with her. I love my sister and mom so much. It was nice just to be us girls.

My cousin who lives in Vegas also came.

There were also singers. Hilary Weeks and also, the Jason Deere band. You have to check out both of these singers. Amazing songs!!!

This event was so spiritual and just taught us how to be better individuals and mothers. I am so grateful for this opportunity. I also need to thank my brother Alex Whitlock and my Dad Dave who selflessly gave up their time to watch all of my children so that I could attend. (David was out of town.) Thank you so much!!!

*This is just a side note because I get all the luck. Only things like this happen to me. So I needed to use the bathroom and they had special bathrooms in the back for helpers and the speakers. So I went to use one and guess who I walked in on. Virginia Pearce!! We both just laughed. She is so cute. She just said I guess I should lock the door next time. What a cute lady.

3 comments:

Nagels said...

what a cute outfit. you look taller in it and the glasses. I didn't know you wore glasses. What a hottie...I'm sure David loves coming home to you :)

You take great pictures!

Robyn said...

You look SO flipping cute!!!! I'm glad you got to have fun

Kristen said...

That is awesome you got to go to that. I think Ineed more spiritual uplifting in my life. I love that you and your sister have such a great realationship. I always wished I had a sister.