Monday, October 13, 2008

Mad Scientist!

Alex decide to play mad scientist on everyone's hair. Braydin was told that if he cut his hair (and it was really shaggy) he could dye it. (The color of choice was red.) So Braydin went first and there was a lot of dye left.



So my hotty honey lined up!! Why waste any of the dye. However, David does look like he is enjoying himself a little too much. Hey I like my hair dyed too. So they finish with David and there is still dye left so who will be their next victim?


My BABY!!! Micah was so excited to have red hair. He looks a little scared here, but he loved it. (I had a more frightened expression on my face.) He just sat there. So after Micah there was still dye left...


So we decided that the mad scientist need a little himself. I squeezed the tube while Alex rubbed it in.


Can you imagine my horror when I saw this color taking over my beautiful blonde boy!! (David does want him to be Flame Man or whoever from the Fantastic 4-we can't find the costume, but at least we have the hair!!)


He did fine until they tried to wash out the dye. I told them to tilt his head back so they were not drowning him. However, a mothers advice is never taken seriously. Poor kid. They were trying to "toughin' him up." I call it torture.


There is the finished product. He is so proud.


He loves it. He could not wait to show his brothers and sister in the morning. All the other kids were asleep. The next morning they were in shock. Maxx was so mad that he did not get red hair.

This picture does not do justice to the red heads that are now my husband and son. Lets just say that I am glad that we are not red heads. (And I always wanted a red head.) It does not look good on them. I will be glad to have my boys back. (It has been 2 weeks and I still am shocked everytime I see Micah. He just isn't the same.)

8 comments:

Robyn said...

How funny! I think he'd be an adorable flame for Halloween!!

FrankNApril said...

You guys are crazy!!!
My Alaina is a red head! I will show her this post! It is funny! Please come to my Girl's night! I just posted info. April

Jenny and Jared said...

Its been so long since I've checked out anyones blogs- things have been a little crazy around here. It looks like you guys have been up to a lot of fun stuff!! I am so glad that you are happy in Vegas. Tell your family I say hi- its fun to see pics with them.

Amannda Ashby said...

David just left form here. He went over to Lois' house. Hannah stayed over at Emma's after Dave's baptizm, and David saved Becky and Joe a trip out to lehi. It was nice to get to talk with David. We've enjoyed getting updates on the family. David's hair looks really good. Micha is a good looken little guy! (He's on Fire!!!)

FrankNApril said...

I left u a comment on my blog comments! April

The Baker Family said...

Oh my heck! I am so mad that you moved away from me! You are so hilarious with your comments that you like to post on my blog. I laugh until I almost pee! You are such a jokester. I love your baby's red hair. Way to help him on the path to distruction. Usually kids find that path on their own, and when they're older. Leave it to the Ashby's to set their kid on the path and say GO! At age 3? You should be ashamed! By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I had your birthday on my calendar, but couldn't call you, since I don't have your number. Thanks for breaking my bed!

Margetts Fam said...

That is so funny! How long does the dye last? I found some cute hair dye that only lasts a day and you can do any color, fun! Micah looks so old!

Amannda Ashby said...

I have the same problem with my choices. It is usually some kind of project but the out come of the house looking like a tornado hit is the exact same! I can hardly wait to see your kids costumes. I'm sure you'll have a great halloween. Your just a fun person to have around. We miss you. I hope Adam had a good time with you guys! We missed him at family night, but I'm glad he had the chance to go hang out with your family a bit. Hope you a fun and safe Halloween!