Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING PICTURES MIGHT BE FRIGHTENING TO ALL AUDIENCES!
(I seriously look scary in these pictures, but it was my Birthday and I had a great day so I am going to suck up my pride and post them. Also, I realized from these pictures that my nose gets longer every year. I am turning into a witch! HE HE HE.)



My birthday is Oct. 7 and it is my favorite holiday because it is all about me. (I am not selfish at all!) So my mom with my sisters help went all out for me. Even though my mom lives in Utah. She always takes care of me. So she and my sister planned this awesome day for me.

Here goes the day: I woke up to breakfast in bed. Thanks kids.

Then I got this card that said, "If mom were here she would clean the house for you. She is not so I will. Just sit and relax for a fun day awaits you. I will take care of everything."


Once I woke up and headed down stair, I found this: the kids had decorated the house for me. This is just as you come down the stairs. The whole kitchen was decorated with crepe paper and streamers and balloons. It was too cute. I am wearing my birthday hat. The kids wear it on their birthdays. It sings Happy Birthday and the candles light up.


Then I got note #2: If mom were here she would take you on a shopping spree. Yippee~!!! I was so excited. I really need some new clothes.


When I came home from taking Matthew to school I found these: My love was out of town but he sent me these beautiful flowers! Thanks love. He also had a present from the kids ready. He is so on top of things. He is the BEST!!



As we were in the car driving to go shopping I got card #3: It says, "I mom were here we would probably not go to Sonic for drinks, but we will go anyways and get something to build up our energy." Diet Limeade with Cranberry flavoring- my favorite.



Here we are at Kohl's getting ready to do some shopping. It was a lot of fun. That is amazing for me to say because I HATE shopping but I so enjoyed myself. (Even with the crying kids.) We just laughed and giggled and had a great time. I am sure I heard applause when we left because they were glad we were out of there. We might have been a little silly!!)



Note #4: If mom were here she would take you to lunch. She is not here so we will go without her. I was so surprised when I got this note. I did not think that there would be more. I was so spoiled.



After lunch I got note #5: If mom were here she would make sure you had your favorite birthday cake. Lets head to Chili's to get some Molten Cake. (If you have not had this you must try it. A friend suggested it to me and I love it! Can't you tell- I scarfed it.) I also got to wear this pretty crown all day because I am the Princess. You can ask anyone in my family. It's our family joke. I got a lot of stares! But I just figured they were jealous!! (I might have looked a little silly, but it really didn't bother me. I think most of the time I forgot that I even had it on.)




After Chili's I got note #6: If mom were here she would party with us until sun-up. She is not, so I will. Lets head to Red Box get and movie and some treats. The party will continue after the kids are in bed. (We actually skipped the treats part because I'd already had Molten cake and was stuffed!! I totally pigged out today and I loved every minute of it. I think we partied until about 10:30 pm and then I was dead. I am getting old.)

That night the kids each gave me a card with coupons in them for things they would help me with around the house. They are the Best. Plus I got the game Would You Rather... It is a fun game. I loved my cake because it had 19 candles and then a #3, a #5 and a #1. For a grand total of....... 28 candles if you add up all the numbers.


I truly love each year. They just keep getting better. I have been so blessed in my life and the blessings get better each year. However, every year I get older my kids do too. Even though I tease that I can not wait until they move out it truly breaks my heart to think that one day they will move on to families of their own. (I have actually started crying at every Birthday Party of my kids. They are too precious. I do not want them to grow up.)

Note 7: If mom were here she would watch the kids so I could take you to get a pedicure and lunch. She is not so we will have to wait until next week, then we will go! (She took me out the next Thursday and we had a great time. We actually got manicures and we looked HOT!! I choose a nice bright pink color, and my boys loved it. It is amazing how much they notice.)

Thanks to everyone who made my day the BEST ever!!! It was so wonderful. Everyone was so giving and thoughtful. Plus I got tons of calls from people and emails. I also got a couple of gifts from friends and family in Utah- so I was surprised all week long. You are all the Best.
Thanks a million!!!

4 comments:

The Baker Family said...

How fun for you! I am glad you had a good birthday. You are so old!! Your picture is so cute, by the way. You look awesome for your old age. HAHAHAHA

Camie said...

WOW! What a fabulous birthday!

Robyn said...

I KNEW your bday was in Oct! HAPPY belated bday!!

Jenny and Jared said...

I am the worst friend because I totally forgot your bday this year. I am sorry!! I am glad you had a good time- you deserve to be spoiled!