Monday, July 7, 2008

Nominated the Worst Blogger

So I am nominating myself the worst blogger ever. I forget to update things so once again it has been a month since I have blogged. Most of you have probably given up checking my blog. Well, I have decided that instead of trying to play catch up on what we have been doing over the last month that I would just start from where we are now.

So we made it to Vegas. Thank you to all of those who helped. It was a tight fit but we were able to fit most of our stuff into a 27 foot Penske truck, and 3 cars full to the top!! (I was so afraid of getting pulled over by a cop. I could not see out my back window.) Luckily 2 boys drove with David in the Penske truck so that I could fold down the back seats in the van. (He drove all night so he 2 the two youngest, who slept all the way here. I had the other 2 and it was the easiest trip to Vegas I have ever had. No crying, fighting, etc.) David towed our other car behind the truck and it was FULL!! Then my mom followed us and she had her car loaded too. But it was all good. We did have to leave behind a couch, our entertainment center, and some other little items. Good excuse to get new things. We just could not fit them into the truck! (No the little item are not the kids, but that was considered. Just kidding. I love my babies. I could never leave them.) We did have to leave Davids beautiful red sculpture. For those who know what I am talking about you will know how sad I am!! It has taken me 8 years to find a reason to get rid of it. However, when it really came down to it and David decided to chuck it I was a little sad. It has been our little joke for so long.)

It has been fun living with Amy and her family. 12 people in 1700 square feet is crazy!!! But we are loving it. Amy will be moving in 2 week and her house is almost double what it is now, so that will be nice. It is gorgeous, and their family is so generous to let us go along if we have not found a place. They really are so giving. We do miss everyone so much though and will be excited for when we visit. However, you are all invited to come visit us too.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

We miss you! Glad to hear the move went well and is over (for now)! Give your kids hugs and kisses for us! :) I'm really sad for you to loose the infamous red sculpture...

Kristen said...

It has been a little sad not having you guys around. Lunch at the park and primary just aren't the same. But I am very excited for you guys and I am glad everything went well with the move. We miss you. Good luck in Vegas.