Monday, July 7, 2008

St. George Temple

We decided on Wednesday July 2, 2008 that we would all visit the temple. We walked around the grounds and then went inside the visitor center. It is beautiful. In the visitor center our guide was Mark Eubanks, the weather man. I grew up watching him tell me the weather forecast and it was fun to see him in person. (The kids thought it was cool that he use to be on the news.) It was such a neat experience to be there all together. It reminds me how important families are and how blessed we are that we can be together forever. (I wish David could have been there. He did not arrive in St. George until Friday morning. We all missed him, especially me.)


St. George temple. It is beautiful!! One of the missionaries told us that when this temple was built Brigham Young said that they were going to build it in the middle of Saint George. However, back then the temple was off to the side of the town. Brigham Young told the saints that one day it would be the center of Saint George. Today, the temple is the center of Saint George. I thought that was really interesting.


Everyone together on the side of the temple. We had some sister missionaries take the picture.


The grandparents trying to keep all the kids out of the fountain in front of the temple. Good Luck!!


Grandma and Grandpa with the kids. That is one cute family.



Micah running through the sprinkler at the temple.....


and then Micah picking a flower on the temple grounds. He loved it so much. Can you tell which child is the youngest? He might be a little spoiled. My mom says sure while he is doing mischief you just take a picture. Yeah I do. I think he is too cute. I know I need more discipline. But kids are just precious and he was just being a kid. There are always so many rule. But being there was so peaceful and they were all so happy.


Micah, Matthew, Madi, and Maxx in front of some flowers on the temple grounds. The grounds were gorgeous. We had a wonderful time. I am glad that we took the time to take the kids there. Sometimes, it seems like such work to get them ready and out of the house, but this was definitely worth it. I love my family.


For more great pictures visit my sisters blog at Whitty-Locks (Pictures are not posted yet but will be soon. As soon as I let her get on her computer!!!)

No comments: