Monday, April 21, 2008

The sweet sound of SUCCESS!!



Micah has a mind of his own. The day he turned two he decided that he wanted to go on the potty. He did great for about 6 months and then said in these exact words, " I like to poop on the floor!!" And that he did. For about a month I tried my hardest to not give in because he'd been doing so well. But he loved cleaning up his accidents and anything I tried to do to make it seem better to go on the potty backfired. (He knows how to work the system like a charm.) So I gave in. I put him back in diapers. Well about 2 weeks ago I looked at him and said, "Micah you will go on the potty!!" And he says, "OK!" And just like that he is potty trained. It was no fuss. He is such a turkey! He just likes pushing my buttons. So hopefully in 6 months we will not revert back. (I am crossing my fingers!) GOOD JOB MICAH!

2 comments:

carolee said...

Hey Allison, This is Carolee (Hanson). I tried to leave a comment on your blog yesterday, but for some reason it wouldn't work. Anyway, I found your blog from Jenny Riddles and wanted to say hello! Your family is absolutely darling. Your little guy looks like how I remember Alex! I hope that all is well for you!!

Love, Carolee
PS our blog is jaynesfam.blogspot.com if you want to see it :)

Jenny and Jared said...

Hooray for you! Congrats on such an accomplishment.