Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My baby turned 3

My baby turned 3 years old. I can't believe it. Well, I actually can by his attitude, but it makes me sad. I look forward to them getting older, but the thought of never having a little baby is soooo weird to me. However, I was holding a little baby in church the other week and I thought "you are kind of boring, all you do is lay here." So maybe my frame of mind in changing a little. But I still love babies.




Micah with his presents and cake. Some facts about Micah's birthday.

Born: May 6, 2005

Weight: 7# 2 oz. (2 weeks early. I was a basketcase. I was suppose to get my haircut the next day. I was so upset because I was going to look so ugly without my haircut. I am not the most reasonable person when I am pregnant. Plus I gaining 40 pounds during my pregancy. I looked like a sumo wrestler. A haircut is not going to fix that. In the end, I was drugged up from the c-section and could care less after it was all said and done. Plus my sister was coming in from Vegas for the birth, so that threw that off. Plus we did not have a babysitter for our other kids at that moment. Thanks to uncle Adam who pulled through and watched them, I sure he had more exciting plans. Nothing is more exciting than babysitting when your a teenager. So it was commotion. Plus, I was not mentally prepared. I had a 2 year old, a one year old, and a baby coming. I would have been okay if he'd come 6 months late!! Really. I am so grateful for my Madi who was 6 at the time for all her help. I would have gone insane if it wasn't for her holding Micah as much as she did. They are still great buddies. But everything worked out and our beautiful baby boy was born.)

Time: 9:25 PM

Such a cute baby. We finally named him after 3 days of intense deliberation and when a nurse came in and said, "I really think that he looks like a Micah." So it is the nurses fault if you ever get made fun of for your name. We did not find out what we were having, well we knew or hoped it was a baby, but I mean the sex. So we had not really thought of names at all.

Story: He had to wear some girl clothing during the first month of his life. We had a few outfits that we given to us. But all of our baby stuff was in storage because we were living with Davids parents and had not closed on our house yet. I was not going to go buy all new clothes for a month. Thank you aunt Becky for the clothes- you saved the day.

As a three year old: His favorite food is chicken nuggets. Favorite color is yellow and orange. He loves his blanket too much!! He loves to read. He is such a goof, and a mischief maker. Knows how to get a reaction out of anyone. Full of personality. A big time mamas boy. Loves to play with his baby doll named Grandma LaDonna. (Thank you Grandma LaDonna for helping him name the baby. I wonder where he got that name from?) He is so wonderful and a delight to our family.


He can hardly wait for his cake, so he isn't going too. We had to hide the cake, after he'd eaten most of the frosting. But cake is my favorite too. He takes after his mom. I think that you should eat cake and ice cream at least twice on your birthday. (That might be why I've got a booty!!)



He wanted a polka dot party. So we cut out constructions paper and put circles of all sized all over the house. We also had fruity pebbles for breakfast and a polka dot cake. He loved it!!


(This captures Micah's true personality. The Devil eyes and not sharing any of the candy.) One of the Birthday prizes that he wanted was Candy Canes. I could not find any in May, but thank you Cracker Barrell for selling the stick candies. He thought they were terrific. We hid a ton around the house and he went on a scavenger hunt to find them. He was so excited!!!


This is so sweet. Micah loves Matthews' hats. So for Micah's birthday, Matthew picked out one of his favorite hats and gave it to Micah.


I am not even sure what this present is. David is so into the Fantastic 4. He found this Human Touch flying thing for $1.00 at Toys R Us and had to get it. It is the ugliest toy I have ever seen. It gives me nightmares. It has a fan on the bottom so you can hang it from the ceiling and it will fly around. Micah used it to fan himself all day. Infact he wore out the batteries by nighttime. (Off the subject: I just wanted all you to know that I was just binged in the head with a kick ball that is not suppose to be used in the house. I must pause a moment to disipline. This is my life with three active boys. I am sure there are many who can relate.)


This is his camera. We went to the store and he would not put this down. It made shopping easy. He also received a bunch of other stuff: clothes, games, race car, finger puppets, and other things. He had a great day. Thanks Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, and Uncles for the gifts.


This is my favorite picture. After we opened gifts he went into his room. When I went in there to see what he was doing this is what I found. You can't have a birthday without wearing your birthday suit- while wearing goggles with a candy cane and a camera. It's what I like to do on my birthday!!


On all the kids birthdays, Grandma Lois takes the kids to breakfast or lunch. They get to pick the time and the place. Then they go to a park or back to her house to play for a while. I think that this is such a fun tradition. (So Grandma we expect a visit to Las Vegas on each of the kids birthdays. This is something they will miss a lot. And I will miss the free time while they are gone!!) You have to be 3 inorder to go, so this was Micah's first year. They went to McDonalds and then to the duck park to feed the ducks. He had such a great time! Thanks Grandma!!! (Note: Micah is not flashing a gang sign. He is showing how old he is.)


At the end of the day, Micah found his birthday hat. To the normal person it would seem like he had underwear on his head, but to a three year old it is a birthday hat. He wore them all night while singing Happy Birthday to himself over and over.


Micah- you are my joy. I love him so much. He keeps me laughing and reminds me to keep my sense of humor. Micah I am so glad that you were born. Happy Birthday!!!



3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Micah. You did come TOO early and mess up the plans, but you knew it would all work out, actually for the better. I am so happy you were born, what a fun and happy kid you are. Can't wait for you and Sam to get together, that is for sure going to be CRAZY!!!

Tiff said...

Happy Birthday, Micah! You are hilarious! Keep Mom and Dad on their toes! :)

Amannda Ashby said...

It's been a while since I've visited your blogg. I am not too surprised to see the naked picture. You guys always put a smile on my face. I guess as long as I check at your blog at least once a week or so I will fill like I spend more time with you once you moved than when you lived in Utah. It's wonderful to see that your kids had happy birthdays!Since we did a terrible job at calling and acutally wishing them a happy birthday. My kids love it when you guys all sing to them. We'll make a special effort for you guys to do better.