Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We are MOVING!!! (AGAIN!!)

I know no pictures so it is boring. But read it anyways to find out what we have been up to!!

Sorry I have not posted for so long but we are still in Utah. Actually we have been on vacation and decided that we are just going to stay. We like to fly by the seat of our pants. We are going to be living with Davids parents for now. They hope to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in a year and we will be able to stay in their house while they are away. We are so grateful for them. But so far things are going well. David just received a job with a sub contractor for the Union Pacific Railroad. He will be fixing trains. The schedule is perfect. He will be able to go to school and church and only works 3 1/2 days a week. Which is what we were hoping for and we have truly been blessed. He will start school in Aug. at the Salt Lake Community College. He is going into Radiography. (X-rays, ultrasound, and other stuff. I am actually not sure all that it intells- I probably should find out.)

The kids have started school here. The school is year round so as soon as we found that out we registered them and they started the next week. They have adjusted so well. I am amazed. Madi already has friends calling to play. YEAH! Matthew says, "I loved school but my teacher says she is the meanest teacher in the school about handwriting. So I better do a good job!" But I love her. She doesn't assign homework or worksheets! Matthews 2 least favorite things. YEAH! Maxx started Kindergarten. I can't believe it. We had his kindergarten assessment and the teacher said that he was ready for 1st grade. He is one of the older kids in his grade (his birthday is in Oct. so that is a little bit of an advantage) but he soaks up information. He loves loves loves to learn. And loves Kindergarten. He wakes up in the morning puts on his backpack. So I have to remind him that he goes to school in the afternoon.

As for Micah he is still just cute trouble. He really misses Maxx while he is at school. The first day he followed me around saying, "What are we going to do now, what are you doing now, are you going to play with me!! And this is after we'd already played a couple games and read books. Yikes I am in for a treat. Micah has always had someone to play with. So this is new for him.

It is amazing how well it has all worked out. (Now I would not be saying that a couple weeks again, but it has all fallen into place.) It is so amazing. We really felt like we should move back and things are working out.

I am going to miss everyone so much in Vegas. I have made so many wonderful friends and so have my kids. We will be coming back Aug. 15 for 3 weeks while the kids are off track and to pack up our stuff. So lets get together and party!

15 comments:

Kelli said...

That's awesome that you are back here in Utah! Where in UT are you?

Tiff said...

Yay! I am so excited that you guys are back!

Camie said...

Yay Allison! We need to get together sometime!

The Baker Family said...

I prayed for this day to happen!! I'm so excited. Just think, before we know it, we can have grown-up fun!! All of our kids will be in school! woohoo

Unknown said...

Well, it looks like you have a bunch of people excited that you are moving back to Utah, but I'll bet there are even more of us that are sad you're leaving. :( We'll miss your cute little family and your smiling face and bubbliness. You have to promise to come back and visit...after all...you have a place to stay, right!

Brandy said...

Um, I forgot I was logged into the RS account...that Waterfall post was actually from me. Brandy :)

Nagels said...

That's great. Good luck David with school and the new job. I'm so glad that things are lining up for you guys. Can't wait to get together again. It was great getting to see all the kids too.

Jenny and Jared said...

Woohoo! Holly told me that she saw you in Park City! I'm glad you are coming back. Its way too hot in Vegas anyway. Lets get together before the heat goes away and let the kids play in the pool or something.

Kaydee said...

Allison!! I love love love you blog. I am reading your post (some I have read before and just giggling to myself). You capture the moments so well. Are you sure you can't just stay...

Amannda Ashby said...

Hey, how are things going. I heard Maddison was getting her tonsills out. How did that go? I also heard David smashed his fingure. We haven't been out to West Valley for a little while. Life got a little crazy with Paul going out to town, so we missed family night. I guess you know how it is to have NO husband around. Lucky for me I have really good neighbors!

jenorme said...

I'm totally a blog stalker so I am excited to have a new prey. :) Kaydee called me, but I am part of a Relief Society program tonight in my ward at 7:30. I am hoping I can skip out after my part, is that bad? :) If so, I'll be there!

carolee said...

So glad you're headed back towards home! Can you send me your email address again? I want to invite you to our blog. Hope you guys are well!

Carolee
bryce_and_carrie@hotmail.com

Jennifer B said...

Yeah, another Waterfall Ward family in Utah!! I'm not sure where you are at but I would love to get together. We are in Lehi. Give me a call 801-341-4426

Kristen said...

I'm excited you guys have moved back. We really should get together sometime. I am sad I missed you at the steak fry.

Margetts Fam said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you!!!! I hope a naked man shows up on your doorstep......